Pages

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Tickety boo!

I'm in love again and this time it's the So Very Grateful stamp set from Stampin' Up's spring/summer catalogue. I knew I loved it when I saw it in the catalogue but thought it might be a one trick pony. I couldn't have been more wrong! I made this card with it last week and today it makes its second of what will be many, many appearances (and then maybe some more after that!) Come and see:


I made a strip of three apertures using the Ticket punch (another item I can't live without!) and backed it with a layer of hand stamped 'designer paper'. The floral image was stamped in Basic Grey ink and coloured using an aquapainter and ink. I love how velvety the flowers look when the Pacific ink is layered.


I make lots of thank you cards and this fabulous sentiment from the So Very Grateful set is a very welcome addition to my repertoire! I embellished it with a fussy cut flower and leaves and added a single gem.

I'll be linking this card up with Dynamic Duos where the colour palette is Gumball Green plus one colour of your choice (mine is Pacific Point of course.) It also fits in with CAS Colours and Sketches where the sketch is one of my all time favourite layouts!



HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Card stock: Whisper White
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

You may have noticed that I'm now on Twitter as well as facebook and Youtube. My daughter was very encouraging when I told her I was going to sign up for Twitter. "I think it's a great idea," she said enthusiastically. "What will you tweet about?" I hesitated. "Well, you know, inspiration, photos, offers and news about Stampin' Up." She nodded. "Like: Crafting is rad as heck! Everybody buy stamps!" she suggested. "Or: Have you heard the news? STAMPS!!!" "Erm..." I said weakly but she was just getting into her stride. "How about simply: Crafting - am I right?!" 

See you tomorrow,


14 comments:

  1. Hello Vicky, your card is beautiful, and I love the idea of the ticket stamp.
    I really must try using stamps as design paper.

    Off to vinnie van for a few days.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SOOOO right! LOL!

    This card is brilliant and I love the ticket idea on the designer paper.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Vicky, love the style of the sentiment and the overhanging flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Vicky. Love that blue and the ticket punch frame is a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd, you're better than me, I don't get Twitter at all (just people twittering on about nothing, isn't it?!) But your daughter's suggestions made me laugh! And your card is simply gorgeous. I'd like a dress made out of that floral print! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky
    Love this... Fantastic idea.... You are soooo clever....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingenious design AGAIN Vicky, just wish I could get into that head of yours for an hour or 2, nah! it wouldn't last in mine, I'd have forgotten it before the third lot went in LOL.

    Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, Vicky
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, love the off set take on the sketch and using the ticket punch to make apertures? I've said it before but I really do think you are a genius! Thanks for joining us at CC&S and thanks for dropping by my blog today, lovely to hear from you
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love this stamp set! Great use of the sketch - love the extra flower breaking the box! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky, I love how you've used the ticket punch to create the apertures - genius! Beautiful work, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing! Wow! I love your panels and the design of your card and the color combo really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is striking Vicky. Really love the simplicity and of course the colour, it really shouts out at you! Jan x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)