Pages

Monday 29 September 2014

Going autumnal with White Christmas from Stampin' Up

I knew at once that Stampin' Up's new White Christmas stamp set was going to be one of those sets that would set my imagination going - and it most certainly has! I made my first Christmas card with it on Friday (see it here) and today, I've used the same design to make a card to send right now in the autumn! Come and see:


This time, instead of a snowy scene, I've stamped brown trees, sponged in some grass and added the glowing leaves of autumn with markers.


You may think I've gone all arty on you but these leaves are seriously easy! You simply dab small splodges around the branches with the brush end of a Stampin' Write marker, adding a few dabs underneath to represent falling leaves. Do have a go at this yourself, it's really good fun and you'll be amazed at how leafish those blobs look!


I stamped the sentiment onto a banner and attached it to the scene with a double staple before mounting onto the card base with dimensionals.

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my online shop) 

Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad
Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad
...

My shop is open 24/7 so you can buy your Stampin' Up products any time, day or night.
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

We've been away in Somerset this weekend, visiting family, and with the gorgeous, warm weather were able to get some good walking in. All those hills always give us a good appetite - well most of us anyway... My husband, having done full justice to a breakfast of bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, beans, grilled tomatoes and several slices of toast and a lunch of roast lamb with roast potatoes, piles of vegetables and plenty of gravy, confessed that he wasn't particularly hungry for dinner. He was regarded pityingly by my youngest son. "You really do need to build your appetite up!" he said.

I'll be back tomorrow with more crafty inspiration and perhaps the odd photo of the weekend too! Hope to see you then,

13 comments:

  1. Lovely Autumn card Vicky like your tumbling leaves

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ypu had a lovely time with family Vicky. This is such a pretty card, lovely autumnal scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is so versatile - your leaves look fab and I love how they look like they are blowing about in the wind. Glad you had a lovely weekend away - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me hungry reading your post ! Cant wait to see pictures of you weekend. Love the autumnal colours on this card and the fantastic falling leaves.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely use for the tree from White Christmas. I just love autumnal colours.

    P.S. - does your husband have hollow legs??

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely autumnal card and those leaves look so effective.
    It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual . . . you've come up trumps thinking outside the box and turning winter boughs into autumnal ones.

    Oh yes please, I'd like to see and ODD picture of your weekend!!! LOL! xxx (I know, I'm too literal sometimes!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fall card! Thank you for sharing your technique, I wouldn't have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab autumn scene Vicky, love how realistic your falling leaves look:-)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Vicky! So glad you got out to enjoy the great weather at the weekend! I wasn't quite as bad as your hubbs, but the fresh air did give me an appetite too lol :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky
    Fabby card... It looks sooo different with the leaves...
    Hugs Sylviexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty as an autumn or winter scene..... Looking forward to the other two seasons as well *wink* xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card - living in Australia I find it difficult
    to make wintery Christmas cards so I'm going to give your idea a go in reds and greens ... thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)