Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

Mum's Love note cards - Stampin' Up artisan blog hop

Hello and welcome to this week's fabulous Stampin' Up artisan design team blog hop! This week each member of the team is using the beautiful Mums Love stamp set and I'm really excited to see what my team mates have come up with!

HOW MANY STEPS IN TWO STEP STAMPING?
Mum's Love is one of Stampin' Up's fabulous two step stamping sets - which means that you can stamp an outline with one stamp and colour it by stamping over it with a solid version - like this:


I love the arty look you get from these two step stamping sets. Do you see how the flowers look sketched and the colour looks as if it's been dashed in with a paint brush? And using the speckle image from Gorgeous Grunge just adds to the artistic look!

The two step stamps don't have to be used in this way though and it's interesting to see the different looks you can get by using just the outline...


... and colouring by hand. Here I went for an intense, precise look with Stampin' Write markers but there are heaps of different things you could do with it:

• watercolour with an aquapainter and ink
• colour with ink and a blender pen for an airbrushed look
• leave as an uncoloured outline over a colourful background

Those are just off the top of my head!

Two step stamping sets can be used in a different way again by stamping just the solid stamps:


It's gives a 'painted' look again, but softer this time.


I stamped all these cards onto the gorgeous suede-feel Naturals Ivory card stock, sponging them first with Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi inks. A circle was cut into the panel with a 1 3/4" circle punch ready to hold the sentiment. These were stamped on Very Vanilla card stock and cut out with a 1 3/8" circle punch before attaching.


I hope I've inspired you to try Mum's Love, with all its possibilities. Now, there's plenty more inspiration from the rest of the team - just click the button below to see what Allison Okamitsu has come up with using this fabulous set!



BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Boys really are a different species aren't they (or specie as my youngest son used to say!) Last week I collected him from a fun-filled evening where he and a group of friends played 'army manoeuvres' in the woods. "How did it go?" I asked as he hopped into the car. "It was brilliant!" he said fervently. "I got kicked in the woods!" It turned out that this wasn't the highlight of the evening however. The boys had done further activities inside and "I got taken out on a stretcher!" said my son with great satisfaction.

I'd like to wish you all a very happy Easter and hope you'll join me next week for another great Artisan Design Team blog hop and more crafting fun :)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Vicky.

    Hoppy Easter to you and yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo, really like the way you cut out the sentiment space, haven't seen that before. Happy Easter lovely Vicky. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How VERY beautiful and superbly done, love them.

    As for boys! I had 4 brothers, so know what you mean LOL. They appreciate lots of love though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, I absolutely love all these! It's a stamp set I've not got yet, but might find it's way onto my list after seeing these xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore what you have created with Mother's Love.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)